Cook time minutes
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 2 Medium Heads of Garlic
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- ĺ cup of Heavy Cream
- 6 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Slice the 2 heads of garlic in half so that every clove is cut in half. Place the bottom halves on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle each bottom with a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Cut the rosemary sprigs in half and place 3 halves on each bottom, sprinkle over some salt and drizzle a little more olive oil. Top each stack with the top half and wrap tight in the foil and bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
3) Meanwhile peel your potatoes and cut them into chunks. Put them in a pot and cover with cold water. Cook them until fork tender, drain and set aside.
4) When the garlic is done roasting, set it aside to cool a little. Put the potatoes in a bowl and mash the potatoes according to the consistency you like. Once the garlic is cool to handle, pop out the cloves into the bowl with the mashed potatoes. In a small sauce pan, warm up the cream and butter just until the butter is melted, add it to the mashed potatoes and roasted garlic. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix well. Serve on a pretty plate and enjoy!
These potatoes are not your standard boring mashed potatoes. They are full of flavor and absolutely delicious!! Itís impossible not to eat the entire bowl because they are that good. They are a complete meal on their own but I love serving them underneath my Italian pot roast so they soak up even more flavor with that delicious sauce. YUMM!!
Report a problem