Cook time25 minutes
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 2oz of Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 tsp of Freshly Grated Black Pepper
- 10 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary (loosely measured) very finely chopped
- 1 Egg, whisked
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, line a baking sheet with a wire rack and set aside.
2) On a plate, mix together the brown sugar, rosemary and black pepper and set aside.
3) Roll the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface so it's one inch larger on all sides, sprinkle evenly with the cheese (lightly press it into the pastry with your hands) then slice into 10 strips.
4) Working with one slice of bacon at a time, dredge it in the brown sugar mixture (patting it on as best you can) place the slice of bacon on top of the strip of pastry, then holding the two ends give the whole thing a gentle twist or two (watch video to see exactly how I do this) and place it on your wire rack.
5) Brush all the exposed sides with the egg wash and bake for 25 minutes, once baked, immediately remove them to a parchment paper lined platter to cool completely before serving!
Report a problem