Cook time15 minutes
For the chicken and vegetables:
- 1-1/2 lb of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp of Grated Ginger
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- Light Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil of Choice
- 1 cup of CashewsFor the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cornstarch
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, place the cashews on a baking sheet and toast them in the hot oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the soy, ginger and garlic and set aside.
3) In a really large skillet, over medium-high heat, add about a tablespoon of oil, allow it to get nice and hot then add the peppers and onion and cook for about 2 minutes, remove from the pan to a plate and set aside.
4) In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add a touch more oil and once itís nice and hot, add the chicken (make sure its in a single layer) and cook for a couple minutes on each side or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
5) While the chicken cooks, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce, then once the chicken is cooked through, add the sauce in and cook for a couple minutes until the sauce has thickened.
6)Add in the cooked peppers and onions along with the toasted cashews and cook all together for 30 seconds, serve with some rice and dig in immediately!
Report a problem