Cook time45 minutes
- 8oz of Pancetta, cut into pieces
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, finely minced
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 28oz can of Italian Whole Plum Tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1lb of Bucatini or Spaghetti
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Parm or Pecorino
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet or shallow Dutch oven, add the olive oil and pancetta, cook over medium heat until the pancetta begins to crisp and render its fat, add the onion, hot pepper flakes and garlic and cook until they soften and become translucent.
3) Add the tomatoes, along with a pinch of salt and some fresh basil and simmer for 25 minutes, after the 15 minute mark, add the bucatini to the boiling water, cook according to package instructions, once cooked, using tongs take the bucatini out of the boiling water and add it straight into the sauce along with about 1/2 cup or so of the starchy cooking water and cook for a few minutes, stir in the cheese and a bit more basil and dig in!
Report a problem