Cook time40 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 1 Leek, washed and only white parts sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery, diced
- 3 cups of Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of Wild Rice
- 2 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp of Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- About 3 cups of Chicken stock
- Sliced Almonds, toasted (optional)
- Pomegranate Seeds (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Place the rice in a large bowl and cover with cold water, let it sit in the water while you sauté the veggies.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and butter and let it preheat over medium heat.
3) Add the leek, carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic and season them lightly with salt and pepper.
4) Cook the veggies until they have developed some color and have cooked down a bit, about 10 minutes.
5) Place the chicken stock into a saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer.
6) Meanwhile, strain the rice through a fine sieve and run it under water until no more cloudy water runs through the bottom of the sieve, the water should be clear.
7) Add the rice to the pot with the veggies and cook the rice with the veggies for about 2 minutes.
8) Add the simmering stock and poultry seasoning, season with salt and pepper to taste.
9) Bring mixture to a boil, cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat down to low, let the mixture cook for about 30 minuets or until the rice is nice and tender. (Check package instructions to see how long your rice needs to cook for)
10) Once cooked, add the parsley, fork it to get it all nice and fluffy.
11) Scatter it onto a platter, sprinkle over the almonds and pomegranate seeds.
Report a problem