Cook time4 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 2-1/2 lb of Chuck Roast
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Large Red or Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, sliced or minced
- 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp of Ground cumin
- 2 tsp of Oregano
- 16oz of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cups of Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Pimento Stuffed Olives (small ones)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime
1) In a Dutch oven, add one tablespoon of olive oil, allow it to get nice and hot over high heat, meanwhile generously season both sides of the beef with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, add the beef and sear untouched for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until deeply golden-brown, remove to a plate.
2) If the beef renders a lot of fat, discard most of it leaving behind just one tablespoon. Lower the heat to medium, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, then add the sliced onions and peppers along with a pinch of salt, saute for about 6 to 8 minutes or until they cook down and brown a little, add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
3) Add the paprika, cumin and oregano, cook stirring constantly for one minute then add the tomato sauce and beef stock, add the beef back in, cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the beef falls apart.
4) Remove the beef, allow it to cool a bit then shred it, put it back in the pot and discard the fat. Add the olives, squeeze of a lime and some cilantro, adjust the seasoning to taste, let it simmer for about 20 minutes uncovered then serve over rice.
Report a problem