Cook time25 minutes
For the Squash:
- 1 Small Acorn Squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and cut into 1/4" slices
- Few Leaves of Sage, roughly torn
- Sprig of Rosemary, needles peeled back from the stem
- Pinch of Chili Powder
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 8 cups of Assorted Greens
- 1 Fennel Bulb, trimmed, outer leaves removed and thinly sliced
- 1 Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of Walnut Halves
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Rosemary Needles
- 1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Honey or more to taste
- 2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper, set aside.
2) Toss the slices of squash with the oil, sage, rosemary, chili powder and salt, roast for about half an hour or until fully cooked through.
3) Next work on the walnuts. Add the nuts in a skillet along with the rosemary and oil and saute just for a couple of minutes over medium heat, then toss them in the brown sugar and set aside.
4) To make the dressing, whisk together the Dijon, vinegar, salt and honey. Then as you whisk, drizzle in the oil and keep whisking until it is all well mixed, set that aside as well.
5) When ready to assemble the salad, arrange the mixed greens on a large platter and strategically place the nuts, roasted squash, fennel and apple slices, then drizzle on some of the dressing (not all, serve the rest on the side) and serve right away!
Report a problem