Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4-6, depending on the size of the patties
For the patties:
- 1-1/2 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp of Grated Onion
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Ketchup
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion, sliced into half moon sliced
- 8oz of Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 2 cup of Beef Broth
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
1) In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, worcesteshire sauce, ketchup and a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into 4 (or 6 depending on how big you want them) oblong patties and set them aside.
2) In a large skillet (preferably a cast iron skillet) sear the steaks for a few minutes on each side or until they develop some good color, remove to a plate and set aside.
3) In the same skillet over medium high heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the mushrooms and onions and saute for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they develop some color.
4) Stir in the flour for about 30 seconds and then add the beef stock along with the Worcestershire sauce.
5) Bring mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, add the steaks back in and cook for 10 minutes, making sure to flip them halfway through for even cooking.
6) Sprinkle over some freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
Report a problem