Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
For the Dough:
- 3 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp of Instant Yeast
- 2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp of Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced (or 2 cloves grated)
- 1/4 cup of Parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup of Freshly grated parm plus extra for serving
- Marinara Sauce for Serving
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add all the ingredients for the dough, knead on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until smooth, place in an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise until doubled in volume, about an hour and a half.
2) Dump the dough on a lightly floured surface, deflate, cut into 1” strips then take each strip and make knots of them (watch video to see how I do this in detail) place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, cover and let them rest for half an hour.
3) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Bake the knots for about 15-20 minutes or until golden, meanwhile make the garlic oil by simply stirring together the oil, garlic, parsley, hot pepper flakes and parm, set aside.
4) Once the knots are done, add them to a large bowl, mix together well with the garlic oil then cover with plastic wrap and let them sit about 10 minutes before serving.
Report a problem