Cook time minutes
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 5 Tbsp Cold Butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup of Cold Vegetable Shorting, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 to 5 Tbsp of Ice Water
- 1 15oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 12oz Can of Evaporated Milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ of a cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1) To make the crust, Combine all the ingredients except the ice water in a food processor and pulse 10 to 12 time, until the shortening and butter are the size of small peas. With the processor running, add the water through the feed tube 1 tbsp at a time until when you pinch the dough together it stays together.
2) Dump onto a floured surface and form into a ball.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
4) Spray a 9” pie plate with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
5) Roll the dough out on a floured surface to fit the pie plate leaving about 2 inches of dough hanging over the edge. Crimp the edges together to make a pretty pattern. And set aside.
6) In a large bowl whisk together all the pumpkin filling ingredients until all combined.
7) Pour into the prepared pie shell and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. After 15 minutes, reduce your oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Then, pop it in the fridge for at least a couple hours.
As soon as fall starts coming around the corner, my husband and I wait with excitement to eat our first slice of my homemade pumpkin pie. I need to have that fabulous aroma fill my house so I feel all cozy and happy. Fall is my favorite season and I can’t think of a better way to welcome this fabulous season than with a delicious slice of pumpkin pie. Can you?
By the way, this pie crust is totally delicious, totally fool proof and can be used for just about any pie. Double the amount if you want to make an apple pie or do what I do and make 3 or 4 batches and keep them in the freezer so you always have homemade pie crust on hand. Once you make this crust and see how easy it is to make and how good it is, you will pass this recipe to everybody you know. Just make sure that all your ingredients are extremely cold, stick the flour, salt and sugar in the fridge as well for about half an hour to insure that nothing is going to soften the butter.
Report a problem