Cook time25 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
For the pork:
- 3 lb of Pork Tenderloin (or pork loin, cut into large chunks)
- 1/4 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup of Good Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp of Dried Basil
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, Grated or minced
- Generous Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup of Long Grain White Rice rinsed well and drained
- 1 3/4 cup of Water
- 1 tbsp of Chicken Bullion Powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 to 3 Tbsp or to taste)
- Drizzle of olive oil
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, lemon, olive oil, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic and salt, pour into a container with the pork (make sure the container is just big enough to keep the meat submerged in the marinade) and marinate for 4 to 6 hours.
2) To make the rice, in a saucepan add all the ingredients listed (including the rice) bring to a boil, reduce down to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
3) While the rice cooks, skewer the pork (make sure you take it out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking) cook on a hot grill pan (or outdoor grill) for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
4) Serve skewers with the lemon rice and chopped salad, perfection!
Report a problem