Cook time20 minutes
For the cutlets:
- 4 Chicken Breast cutlets, about 5 to 6 ounces each, pounded evenly
- 1 cup of Grated Parm, make sure to grate on a box grater rather than a Microplane for the right texture
- 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs (Italian flavored if possible)
- 1 Tbsp of Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Clove of Garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup (or more if it's too strong) of Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Arugula
- Shavings of Parm, optional
1) In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and a little fresh grated parm, set aside.
2) Add the flour to a plate, season with a touch of salt and pepper and set aside.
3) In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the parm, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and seasoning, set aside.
4) Bread the cutlets by lightly coating them in the flour (shake off the excess) dip into the beaten eggs and coat them well in the breadcrumb cheese mixture (pat the mixture into the cutlet) set them aside on a plate while you preheat your pan.
5) In a large skillet, add the olive oil and butter, allow to melt (you might need a touch more of each so keep them on hand nearby) and get nice and hot over medium heat, add the cutlets and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until deeply golden brown (might take more depending on how thick the chicken is) meanwhile, make the dressing.
6) In a small mason jar, add the garlic, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt cover and shake well to incorporate.
7) Once chicken is ready, lightly toss the arugula with a little dressing, then serve alongside the cutlets with a wedge of lemon and shave some fresh parm all over.
Report a problem