Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 50 Little Neck Clams, purged well
- 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 3/4 cup of Dry White Wine
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1lb of Spaghetti
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous amount of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a separate large pot, add about a cup of water and the cleaned and purged clams, bring to a boil, cover and let simmer until they open (discard any that didn't open) separate the clams from the broth, strain the broth through a strainer lined with a couple of coffee filters (don't add the very last bit from the bottom of the pan that has sand in it) and set aside.
3) Add the pasta to the boiling water at this point and start the sauce.
4) In a large skillet (or shallow Dutch oven, anything big enough to hold the pasta and clams) add the olive oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes, sizzle until the garlic barely begins to brown, add the wine, reduce by half, at his point, reduce the heat to low if the pasta is still cooking then drain the pasta (make sure you cook it just a couple minutes shy of al dente) add it to the reduced wine mixture along with about 1/2 cup (or more) of the clam broth and the parsley, cook about a minute or two, stir in the clams (I take most of the clams out of the shell and just leave a few for presentation) cook all together for a couple more minutes and serve!
Report a problem