Cook time20 minutes
For the crispy shallots:
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1lb of Thin French Green Beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 cup of Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 of a Lemon
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a small skillet, add the oil, shallots and garlic, cook over medium low heat until they become golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate, reserve the oil and let the shallots cool.
3) Once the water is boiling, add the green beans, cook for 3 minutes, then drain, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking any further.
4) In a large skillet, add the butter, once melted add the almonds, allow to get lovely lightly golden brown, add the drained green beans, cook for a couple minutes to heat them through (taste and adjust the seasoning) then squeeze some lemon right in, place on a platter and scatter with the crispy shallots and garlic, serve right away!
Report a problem