Cook time45 minutes
- 10 lb of Russet Potatoes (any potato you like) peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1-1/3 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Sticks (1 cup) of Unsalted
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of Sour Cream
- Lots of Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1) Boil the potatoes in some heavily salted water until very tender, reserve about 3/4 cup of the starchy boiling water, then drain the potatoes well and place them back in the large hot pot.
2) In a saucepan, add the milk, cream and butter and simmer until the butter is melted but not boiling, meanwhile, mash the potatoes with a potato masher adding a little of the starchy water at a time, then slowly add the hot liquids and cream cheese and sour cream and stir until well combined.
Report a problem