Cook time30 minutes
For the Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a Small Onion, minced
- 1 cup of Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 2 tsp of Chicken Bullion Powder
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 4 Poblano Peppers, charred, peeled, seeded and sliced thinly
- 8oz of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 8 Flour or Corn Tortillas
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, lightly grease a small baking dish (I used an 8x11) set aside.
2) To make the sauce, sauté the onions, until translucent, add the tomato sauce and water along with the spices, bring to a boil, simmer for about 15 minutes or until reduced and thickened, taste for seasoning (you might need to add some salt) and set aside.
3) Heat up the tortillas in either the microwave or a skillet and set aside.
4) Ladle some of the sauce in the base of the baking dish, then mix together the sliced peppers and 2/3 of the shredded cheese, stuff the tortillas, place them seam side down in your prepared baking dish, ladle on some more sauce, the last of the cheese and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
NOTES: Tomato sauces vary so if the kind you're using is too runny, don't add as much water.
Report a problem