Cook time1 hours 30 minutes
- 3lb of Chicken, I prefer bone in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 cup of All Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil plus a bit more
- 40 cloves of Garlic (about 3 heads) peeled
- 1 1/2 cups of Dry White Wine
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock
- Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
1) Add about 1/4 cup of oil to a shallow Dutch oven, while that preheats, season and dredge both sides with salt, pepper and flour, shaking off any excess, add to the hot oil (skin side down) and sear until golden brown, remove to a plate, discard the oil and cleanup any burned flour bits in the pan.
2) Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil to the pan along with the garlic, sauté for a few minutes until the garlic turns golden brown, add the wine and reduce by half.
3) Add the chicken stock along with the thyme, nestle the chicken in the sauce, bring to a simmer, partially cover and simmer on for about an hour or until the sauce has thickened and reduced and the garlic cloves are soft.
Report a problem