Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 5lb of Mixed Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Capers plus 2 Tbsp of the brine
- 1/2 cup of Green Olives
- 2 Tbsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 cup of Dry, Pitted Prunes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Plenty of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1) In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, red wine vinegar, oregano and oil, pour over chicken in a large bowl, add the capers and brine, olives, prunes, bay leaves, salt and pepper, massage well to coat the chicken, then place in a container just big enough to hold the chicken and marinade snug, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line a roasting pan with foil, add the chicken and marinade (make sure all the chicken is skin side up) sprinkle the top of the chicken with the brown sugar and pour the wine around the chicken.
3) Roast for 30 minutes, then increase the heat to 425 and roast for 30 more minutes or until beautifully caramelized.
4) Allow the chicken to rest, meanwhile add all the drippings and juices in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook down for about 5 minutes, then spoon over chicken and starch of choice (I love rice with this).
Report a problem