Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 2 to 4, depending on appetite
- 2 8oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, butterflied and pounded thinly
- 4 Slices of Deli Ham
- 4 Slices of Deli Swiss Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard, use less if you’re not a big fan of mustard
- 1 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup of all Purpose Flour
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet and set aside. Place the eggs in a shallow bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk it all up. Place the bread crumbs on a plate and season them with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper as well so you have everything ready.
2) Lay the butterflied chicken breast on your work surface, smear some of the mustard all over and sprinkle some of the thyme leaves over top. Lay a couple pieces of ham (enough ham to cover the surface of the chicken breast) top that with the swiss cheese. Roll the chicken breast starting from the longer end (like a jelly roll) and secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the other chicken breast.
3) Preheat some vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat (between medium and medium high) and set aside.
4) Coat your chicken in the flour making sure to shake off any excess, dip it in the beaten eggs and dredge them in the bread crumbs. Add them to the hot skillet and cook them for a few minutes all around or until they develop a golden brown crust.
5) Place them on the rack and pop them in the oven to finish cooking all the way through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Report a problem