Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
- 1 lb of Elbow Pasta
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup of Flour
- 2 cups of Milk
- 2 cups of Heavy Cream
- Pinch of Paprika
- Pinch of Granulated Garlic
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4oz of Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 cups of Freshly Shredded White Sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups of Freshly Grated Sharp Yellow Cheddar
- 1 cup of Freshly Grated Grated Gruyere or Swiss
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
2) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt, bring to a boil, add the pasta and cook 3 minutes shy of al dente, meanwhile, make the sauce.
3) In a large pot, add the butter, allot to melt, then add the flour and cook while constantly stirring for 1 minute, add the cream and milk along with the seasonings and bring to a gentle simmer, once thickened, remove from the heat and slowly whisk in about 2/3 of the grated cheeses.
4) Add the drained pasta to the sauce, mix to combine, then pour into prepared pan, top with additional cheese, cover and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for 20 more, allow to cool a bit before serving.
Report a problem