Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 8 to 10
For the batter:
- 1/2 cup or Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 Large or 2 Small Honey Crisp Apples, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease and line a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside. In another large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the sugar and butter for about a minute, then add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until incorporated, then lastly add the milk and dry ingredients and mix until combined (you might need to switch to a spatula half way through) then set the batter aside while you work on the remaining components.
3) In a bowl, toss together the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside. In a separate small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour and set that aside.
4) Spread half the batter in your prepared pan, layer half of the apple mixture, follow that with the remaining batter, remaining apples (try to nestle them in the batter) and finally sprinkle the top with the brown sugar and flour mixture.
5)Bake for about an hour, then allow to cool on a wire rack.
Note: Halfway through, if the bread is getting too dark, cover with foil and continue to bake.
Report a problem